Friday, September 3, 2010

My 100th Follower - another Blogger Milestone

As I start to write this post I see I have 99 loyal Blog Followers (I nearly wrote subjects but that's way too neo-colonial!) and I am curious to see who'll be the hundredth - it could be you as they say in Lotto-land. By the time this gets posted I may have passed the 100 mark.

I am pretty amazed at the speed I've accumulated followers today - I happened to chance on Karen G's Blogger BBQ where she invited people to increase their blog traffic by posting on her blog and then three of her commenters - which I did - and then a few others besides, that I liked the look of, and then I started getting comments from some of those I'd followed. It's fun as I never actually set out to acquire followers before and I never thought I'd get a response like this.

So if I was organised I'd have linked my 100th follower post with a giveaway or something nice like that - but as it's kinda sprung on me I haven't arranged anything you'll just have to wait for another milestone or a draw of some sort. I love that I won a prize once for being the 50th follower on Mimi's blog and she sent me some lovely chocolate!

This is only a short post as I have our granddaughter Sofia's Christening tomorrow and am in the middle of baking and organising for a little party after the church tomorrow evening. More on that event anon.

And thanks for dropping by, commenting and following. It's what makes blogging fun, I do enjoy reading the comments and blogs of my visitors and share in the global village that is the blogosphere.

And YES! I have just hit the 100 mark and it is Ann from Virginia who's the lucky follower - now I just have to tell her about her auspicious status - congrats and thanks to ALL my followers - I really appreciate your visits.

9 comments:

Ann said...

Congrats Catherine I see you now have 103! Well Done. Have a wonderful day tomorrow. Looking forward to all the lovely photos!

Glad you got the book. I do hope you enjoy it. Loving the bookmark you gave me too.

Summer Ross said...

congrats

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine,

Nice to visit your blog during the BBQ. Looks like I'm your 107th follower. :-)

Mimi said...

Hi Catherine, congrats on the century!!
Thanks for the mention, and for the BBQ invite- I'm heading over now, with some twice-baked potatoes and a huge chocolate cake, yum, yum, yum!

Karen and Gerard said...

Stopping by for Karen's BBQ with some fried chicken and some pop. Nice to meet you! Congrats on getting to 100 followers!

Stephanie V said...

Thanks for steering me to Karen's BBQ. I took some fudgy brownies (recipe on blog - scroll way down)and met a lot of great writers.
Congratulations on your reaching that goal of 100 - and more!

Christy said...

Failte Catherine! I would love to come to Ireland! Perhaps my son will qualify for the Worlds in Irish dance when it's held there.
I found you over at the BBQ. I brought some yummy Blueberry-Lime Tiramisu. You can find the recipe on my blog. www.dearestdreams.com

Catherine said...

Thanks for all the comments and welcome to my new visitors and followers!

Ann - I am saving the book for when we go to Donegal this week for a few days. Glad you like the bookmark. Swing by Facebook for the photos of the Christening. Great day!
Summer - thanks and welcome to my world since you joined - hope you enjoy the blog.

Liz - welcome and thanks for following - I look forward to reading more of your blog too.

Mimi - long time no hear - busy lives! GLad you found the BBQ - it's a fun idea and a great way to improve blog traffic! Especially of like-minded bloggers which is nice!

KAren and Gerard - thanks for visiting - hope you follow me too! Look forward to reading more of your blog.

Stephanie V - glad you found the BBQ - it's fun to do - and I'll give your recipe a go. I finished socks and am tempted to try your lovely ones. Great fun!

Christy - Cead mile failte indeed! I joined your blog and left a comment. Is your son another Michael Flatley in the making? I'm amazed at the huge Irish dancing culture in the States - far bigger than here I'd say. Lots of people find the wigs and fake tan a bit OTT. However,there's a resurgence in Sean-Nos dancing which is lovely and fluid, not as rule -bound as the more well-known styles. There 's a lovely trad show in a neighbouring village, Ballyduff, and they have been in NY a few years ago - the Booley House. You should google them.

All the best, Catheine

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Woo-hoo! The big 100 is an awesome accomplishment! :-)